2020 Hilt 'Bentrock Vineyard' Chardonnay Santa Rita Hills

$104.95
(Net Item - no discounts apply)

The Bentrock Vineyard is located in the Sta. Rita Hills and the Chardonnay vines are roughly 11 years old. The wines age entirely in oak for 12 months, of which 33% is new and the remaining 67% is 1-2 years old.

Varietal:
Chardonnay
Winemaker:
Matt Dees
Vintage:
2020
Aging:
12 months
Oak Treatment:
New French Oak, 33% New
Appellation:
Central Coast
Sub-Appellation:
Sta. Rita Hills
Vineyard:
Bentrock Vineyard
Total Varietal Composition %:
100% Chardonnay
SKU #:
1051816
Size:
750 ml Bottle
JS97

James Suckling

Plenty of lightly salted caramel with tarte tatin and apple crumble, but ever so subtle. Dried flowers. Delicate toffee. Full-bodied with an intensity of fruit and caramel, along with some crushed stone at the same time. Tangy aftertaste. Drink or hold.