- Wine Scouts:
- Wine Scouts, Your Personal Sommelier
2007 Mystery Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley
Being headquartered here in the middle of the action pays off, on almost a daily basis. But it isn't every day that we come across an $85 bottle of Cabernet that is a) drinking in peak form, b) from old vines in Calistoga, c) from a highly experienced winemaker, d) nearly 10 years old, and e) from a great vintage. Oh, and did we mention we can offer it to you for $40? We smell a Mystery Wine.
• This Cabernet vineyard in Calistoga, which once supplied Château Montelena, was planted in 1971, making it 36 years old in 2007, resulting in superb concentration.
• The vineyard is managed by Jim Barbour of Barbour Vineyard Management, who also handles Cakebread, Blankiet, Grace Family, and many others.
• The winemaker was a protégé of "The Maestro," André Tchelistcheff, and 2007 was her 34th vintage making fine wine.
• This wine, as well as the current release, sells for $84.95 at the winery.
This wine is perfectly ripe, rich, and mature, with notes of blackcurrants and blueberries, not to mention sarsaparilla, cedar, leather, and a hint of caramel in the finish. In a restaurant, we would be perfectly delighted to pay $125 for a wine of this age and quality. Seize the day and treat yourself to a case of this great Cabernet to drink over the next year or two.
750 ML BOTTLE
This product has not been rated by any customers. Be the first person to write a review of this product.
- Customer Service
- Contact Us
- Track Your Order
- Order History
- Shipping Information
- Catalog Request
Item is being added to cart